Sunday, November 16, 2014

Handmade Holidays

Craft fair weekends tend to fly by in a blur. This weekend was just that: a blur. A festive, smiling, holiday-feeling weekend. I loved all the minutes of it.

The Clarksville Parks and Recreation hosted its third annual Handmade Holidays market in Clarksville, Tennessee. It gave me a chance to meet lots of people, sell my handmade items, and see the glowing faces that were going to enjoy their goodies as they marched off successfully with their newly-acquired treasures.


A few times some folks would express interest in an item, mention they would think about it, leave and then return to see it had sold. That's the tricky-and-awesome part of craft fairs. Everything is unique! Most everything is one-of-a-kind! But if you are one to hesitate because it my be considered a compulsive buy, you might miss out. I missed out on a ceramic spoon rest that I saw this morning. I stopped back by early this afternoon and it was already sold. You never know what you will find!


Thanks to all the behind-the-scenes workers who made for a successful craft fair this weekend! And thanks to all the other vendors I met who shared the same passion as I. And a special thanks to those who came with an understanding that what they saw were treasures, for those who supported craftsfolk and artisans. Your smiles and enjoyment keep me going.





No comments:

Post a Comment