Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Vintage Apron Window Decor


I have always loved the style of the 1940s and 1950s. For my bridal shower years ago, my mother listed on the invitation for guests to wear heels and pearls to the shower. It was a surprise bridal shower for me. She had been secretly collecting vintage aprons. When the guests arrived, they got to complete their 1950s housewife look! I walked in to a room of heels, pearls, and aprons!

I have had those aprons for over a decade now. In a few apartments, I hung them all on hooks above my washer and dryer (I could at least look at the vintage aprons and appreciate that the chore I dislike most is easier now than it once was). I thought of different ways to display them. Sometimes I even wore them (I have my real kitchen apron- I don't want to ruin the vintage ones!).

In our new place, we have space. I love the space, it inspires. In the kitchen, I decided to finally make use of the aprons:

My dining set is also "vintage." The table belonged to my great-grandmother.

I could never decide which apron was actually my favorite.

Gingham! Rickrack! Polka dots! All of the vintage!

I pinned the aprons to the curtain rod, creating a valance out of the past. I also used my Fiesta wear mugs as plant holders (I am still in the process of plant-collecting, so they aren't all used, yet.). 

Fiesta-wear as plant holders. A perfect compliment to vintage aprons!
I love to walk into my kitchen. The colors spark the space and it makes me smile. And I am glad I finally found a way to display my aprons!

No comments:

Post a Comment