Monday, June 2, 2014

here we go

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" -Mary Oliver

I plan to keep living. And while I enjoy writing, I also enjoy creating. Writing is a form of creation, but I like to change up my mediums. I like textiles and canvas and ink and yarn and well, anything tactile. So I will use this space to write about what I create (and blend the two). At the end of last year, I completed a quilt from a stack of fabric that I had intended to use as complimentary fabric for a cut of cloth with an ocean motif. As the fabrics came together, the ocean fell to the wayside and I began cutting strips with the intention of making random blocks:


They came together nicely, in fact (although, I kept having to cut down pieces to fit... spatial planning is not my strength).


I chose a continuing abstract, replicating square and rectangle quilt pattern (quilted on my mom's long arm machine).

This modern quilt sold this past week at my mom's quilt booth at the Clarksville Downtown Market. I was sad to see it go, but I am glad it has a new home and a cozy bed to keep warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment