Monday, November 17, 2014

See Jane Run Quilt







See them run! Run, guys, run!
Back in June (when we were wearing shorts- just think, tonight has a forecasted low of 17 degrees!), I began a quilt using Dick and Jane-themed fabrics. You can see from those original layout pictures that I still ended up with something different. My bad math meant that I was going to be short two blocks to make it the twin-sized quilt I had originally intended. Bummer. I played around with potential sashing and maybe just large borders. I ultimately ended up with a framed center block.

Arranging the pink and blue blocks still provided me a challenge.

The framed center added some visual interest while allowing me to keep my intended size of the top.

The final pieced top. Not too shabby, if I say so myself!
I quilted it with replicated loops all over. I am happy how this one turned out! I used one of the blocks that had been pushed out by the framed center block and made a matching pillow. All that bad math paid off!


Quilt and pillow, ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment